This Orange Basil Chicken Recipe is yummy with a little of orange sauce. Served with rice and your favorite vegetables.
Serve for 4.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 medium basil leaves, chopped, or about 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- dash onion powder
Wash chicken breast halves; pat dry. Place the halves between sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to flatten. Combine remaining ingredients in a food storage bag; add the chicken pieces. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
Grill or broil the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Cooking time depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts. In a saucepan, simmer the remaining marinade for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly reduced.
Serve chicken with a little of the sauce or a fruit salsa, if desired.