Kale and Potato Soup
Adapted from The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters
I had this soup at my friend Dana's house and absolutely loved it. It is now a favorite of Steve and mine, especially on a cold winter night. It's satisfying and full of flavor.
1 large bunch curly or Russian kale, washed, drained, coarsely chopped (stems removed)
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 onions, sliced thin (I used my food processor to chop the onions.)
1 lb potatoes ( Yukon gold or yellow Finn, cut into ¼" slices (You may leave the peel on.)
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Large pinch of salt
6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
Parmesan, or other hard cheese, freshly grated
1. Heat ¼ cup E.V.O.O. in a heavy soup pot.
2. Add onions and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until soft, tender and slightly browned. About 12 minutes.
3. Stir in chopped garlic cloves and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add potatoes and chopped kale. Stir.
5. Add large pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour in broth, raise the heat, bring to a boil, then immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the kale and potatoes are tender.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Serve hot and garnish with grated cheese.
1. Add 1 ½ cups white beans 10 minutes before the soup is finished.
2. Slice ½ lb chorizo or a spicy garlic sausage. Brown in the oil before adding the onions. Remove when brown. Add to soup with the kale.
Women: are you sick and tired of feeling unhealthy and down on yourself?
If you are ready to make lasting lifestyle changes for yourself and your family, stop your war with food, and get healthy, Amy Lippmann, Certified Holistic Health Counselor, can help.
Sample Amy's work by listening to a F*REE AUDIO, "Finally, How to Get Healthy Meals on the Table, In No Time." You will also receive a complete transcript, pantry essentials list, her mix-and-match meal planning chart, healthy recipes, and much more. Grab your copy now.
Amy Lippmann, H.H.C., AADP
Certified Holistic Health Counselor
Coaching for Whole Body Wellness
© 2008 Amy Lippmann, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? No problem! But here's what you MUST include: Amy Lippmann, Certified Holistic Health Counselor, is founder of the Whole Body Wellness System™, the proven step-by-step program achieve your health goals and feel more confident in your body. To receive your freebie audio and sign up for her bi-weekly recipes and articles, visit www.WellnessHealthCoaching.com
Amy Lippmann is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor with a private health and lifestyle coaching practice. She works with women who are tired of continuously feeling bad about their health and struggle with feeling good in their body, energy level, cravings, and would like to figure out how to be healthy and take good care of themselves.
What makes her services unique is that she not only provides guidance, but also a level of support her clients have never had before. And because of this, Amy's clients make lasting lifestyle changes, get peace and freedom around food so they can stop beating themselves up, and they enjoy life more.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Amy_Lippmann