Brownie Mix of your choice (I used Duncan Hines Chocolate Lover's Brownies Double Fudge)
Cold Water - 1/3 cup
Vegetable Oil - 3 tablespoons
Flax seed meal (ground flax seed) - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon (not mentioned in the packet)
Walnuts - 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F (325F for glass pans)
2. Empty brownie mix into bowl.
3. Add 1/3 cup cold water.
4. Add 3 tablespoons oil. (Actually 1/3 cup of oil was mentioned in the packet) 5. In a small cup add the flax seed meal and slowly add the water and whisk it with a fork and add it to the brownie mix.
6. I chose to add vanilla extract also.
7. Stir everything until well blended (about 40-50 strokes)
8. Now add the nuts and combine it once again.
9. Generously grease the brownie pan. I used a non-stick 8″x8″ pan.
10. Spread the mixture in the pan. 11. Bake it anywhere between 30-38 minutes. (Check the instructions in the package for detailed baking time). I baked mine for 40 minutes. But I think I should have taken it around 38 minutes itself, because I had little cracks on the top. That was the only negative thing with these brownies, otherwise they were unbelievably moist and gooey. We did not taste the flax seed at all. Just be sure that the brownie cools out completely before you can cut into squares.