Beef Curry Recipe
600 gms beef
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
300 gms potatoes
4 cups coconut milk
5 tbsps meat curry powder
4 cloves garlic
3 cm piece ginger
3 cm piece cinnamon stick
1 star anise
25 gms grated coconut — fried until golden and pounded
Salt to taste
1. Wash the meat well and cut into bite sized pieces and drain.
2. Blend the curry powder with 1 cup water.
3. Pound the shallots, garlic and ginger.
4. Heat oil and fry the pounded ingredients until fragrant. Add in the curry powder and fry further until fragrant.
5. Add the beef with a little bit of water.
6. Add the pounded fried coconut, star anise, cloves and cinnamon stick.
7. Stir slowly and add the coconut milk, potatoes and salt.
8. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.