Devilled Chicken Wings Recipe
750 gm chicken wings
1 tsp ground ginger
4 stalks celery
2 tbsp thick soy sauce
1 tsp black peppercorns - ground fine
6 cloves garlic
½ cup vinegar
Salt to taste
1 cup brown sugar - loosely packed
1 tbsp corn flour
½ cup water
1. Coat chicken wings in flour seasoned with salt, pepper and ginger.
2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté chicken wings until well browned, reduce heat and continue cooking till tender.
3. Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry garlic till golden.
4. Add celery which has been sliced, soy sauce, vinegar, corn flour, brown sugar and ½ cup water.
5. Stir over gentle heat till sugar dissolves, and then bring to the boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Add chicken wings and heat through before serving.