Indian Garlic Bread
4 cups bread flour
1 3/8 cups water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons chopped chives
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1. In a large bowl, stir together yeast, water, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Keep it aside .
2. Add the remaining sugar, and rest of the ingredients along with the above yeast mixture in the bowl. Combine until dough forms, and then turn out on a floured surface. Knead until dough is elastic.
3. Grease a large bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, and cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Divide dough in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch bread pans. Again keep it aside to rise for 30 minutes.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes.