Broiled Tilapia Fish in Creamy Parmesan Cheese Recipe
* 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
* 2 pounds tilapia fillets
1. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil and preheat your oven's broiler.
2. Sprinkle the celery salt, pepper, dried basil leaves and onion powder into bowl of mixed parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice and set aside.
3. Arrange the tilapia fish fillets in a single layer on the greased broiling pan and broil the fish for 2 to 3 minutes a few inches away from the heat. Flip the fillets and then do the other side for two more minutes.
4. Remove the broiled tilapia fish from the oven and cover the top side with the parmesan cheese mixture. And broil for 2 more minutes until the mixture on top of the tilapia fish fillets is browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork. Be mindful of the cooking time as you do not want the tilapia fish over cooked.
A few notes before wrapping up. This recipe can easily be modified to fit your taste. Like you can use celery seeds in place of celery salt or add 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes and forgo the lemon juice. You can also add bread crumbs to thicken the mix. And a lot of people using this recipe found seasoning it with a bit of Old Bay seasoning really adds to the flavor as well.