Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa Recipe
* 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
* 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
* 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
* 2 tablespoons minced red onion
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together the extra-virgin olive oil, the lemon juice, parsley, garlic, basil, pepper, and salt in a bowl and pour into the tilapia fish fillets in a resealable plastic bag. squeeze out the air from the bag and marinate for 1 hour in the refigirator.
2. Prepare the mango salsa by combining the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Remove the tilapia from the marinade and grill the fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa. Enjoy!