Baked Tilapia Fish Recipe
* 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
* 3/4 cup of olive oil, preferably extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt
* 1/8 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
* 1 teaspon of garlic powder
* 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
* 1 green bell pepper
* 1 onion (large)
* 4 tablespoons of butter
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175Â° C / 350Â° F.
2. Coat the bottom of a medium sized baking dish with about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
3. Mix the rest of the olive oil with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and tomato paste into a small bowl
4. With the skin side up, place the tilapia fish fillet in the baking dish.
5. Pour the olive oil with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic and tomato paste mixture into the bowl of tilapia fish fillets and spread the mix with spatula.
6. Place the green bell pepper and the onion slices around the tilapia fillets
7. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. The baked tilapia is finished when you can easily flake it using a fork.
8. Remove the baked tilapia from the oven and place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each fillet.