6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
A chopped onion (optional)
A chopped green pepper (optional)
1 packet taco seasoning
16 ounces salsa (that's 2 cups if you're using a larger bottle).
Flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or taco shells
Toppings: your choice of lettuce, sour cream, grated cheese, tomatoes, salsa, olives, guacamole, etc.
- Put the chicken in a Crockpot. Add the onion and pepper if you want.
- Mix the seasoning with salsa and pour over chicken. You can add some more water if you think it needs more liquid, but the salsa and the chicken will produce ample liquid as it cooks.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- The chicken is done when it can be shredded easily with a fork.
- Lift the chicken out and shred it with a fork.
- Serve with soft flour tortillas, a spoonful of the veggies if you used them (lift them with a slotted spoon to drain out excess liquid), and your favorite toppings. Try any combination of lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, and tomatoes.