Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
1 large Butternut squash ( about 6 cups)
5 cubes Chicken bouillon
1 medium Onion
1 tbsp Olive Oil
½ cup Cream
4 cups Water
Parsley to garnish (optional)
Garlic toast (optional)
1. Wash and cut the butternut squash(s) in half
2. Roast the butternut squash(s) cut side down on a sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then scoop out the prepared squash.
3. In a large saucepan, Slice and saute the onion in olive until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to boil and cook for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
5. Puree squash mixture in a blender batches until smooth and then return to saucepan.
6. Before serving, add cream and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve with garlic toast.