Fried Beef With Spring Onion Recipe
325 gms fillet steak
1 tsp salt
2 tsps thin soy sauce
1 tbsp tapioca flour
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
8 cm piece young ginger — sliced thinly
5 stalks spring onions — cut into 4 cm lengths
4 tbsps oil
1. Clean and slice beef thinly across the grain.
2. Season with salt, soy sauce, pepper, tapioca flour and bicarbonate of soda. Mix thoroughly.
3. Rub a pinch of salt into the sliced ginger and wash away the salt.
4. Beat the egg with pepper and ½ tbsp oil.
5. Heat oil and lightly fry the ginger for a minute.
6. Add the sliced beef, spring onions and 1 cup water. Cover the pan and let cook for 3 minutes.
7. Mix the ingredients well for a few minutes. When the beef has changed colour and the ingredients are well mixed, turn off the heat.
8. Make a well in the centre of the ingredients and pour in the beaten egg. Mix well.
9. Serve immediately.