Rasam (Pepper Water) Recipes
1 tbsp tamarind pulp
1 clove garlic
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground cummin
4 cups cold water
2 tsps salt
2 tbsps chopped fresh coriander
1 tomato — quartered
2 tsps oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
8 sprigs curry leaves
1. Squeeze out tamarind juice and strain.
2. Put tamarind juice, garlic, pepper, cummin, tomato, cold water, salt and coriander into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In a separate saucepan heat the oil and fry mustard seeds and curry leaves until the leaves turn brown.
5. Add to the simmering soup and serve hot.