Prawn Fritters Recipe
500 gms prawns
350 gms plain flour
3 tbsps cornflour
2 egg whites — beaten until stiff
1 cup water
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Shell the prawns, leaving tails intact. Wash and drain well.
2. Sift flour into a bowl and mix with cornflour.
3. Make a hole in the centre and gradually pour in water to make a thick batter.
4. Add salt and fold in egg whites gently.
5. Heat oil. Dip prawns into batter and fry the prawns until golden.
6. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and chilli sauce.