Chilli Crabs Recipe
a) 1 kg crabs - remove top shell, clean and cut into 2
b) 1 stalk lemon grass
c) 10 shallots
d) 6 cloves garlic
e) 2 cm piece ginger
f) 2 cm piece turmeric
g) 3 cm piece galangal
h) 2 cm piece shrimp paste
i) 15 dried red chillies
j) 2 tbsps tamarind pulp - mixed with ½ cup water and strained
k) Salt and sugar to taste
l) ½ cup cooking oil
1. Ground together ingredients (b) to (c).
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the ground ingredients until fragrant.
3. Add in the tamarind juice and salt and sugar to taste.
4. Add in 1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
5. Add in the crabs and mix well with the ingredients. The gravy should be slightly dry.
6. Dish out and serve with rice.