Shredded Chicken with Pandan Leaves Recipe
Shredded Chicken with Pandan Leaves
3 chicken drumsticks — shredded
3 screwpine leaves (pandan)
1 large piece ginger
½ tsp coriander seeds — ground
½ tsp aniseeds — ground
½ tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsps thick coconut milk
3 tbsps oil
1. Grind or pound the ginger and extract the juice.
2. Season chicken with ginger juice, ground coriander, aniseed, salt, sugar and pepper for half an hour.
3. In a pan, heat the oil and fry the screwpine leaves until fragrant.
4. Add in the seasoned chicken and cook until it is tender.
5. Add in the thick coconut milk and stir-fry till gravy thickens.
6. Serve hot with plain boiled rice.