Chicken Vindaloo Recipe
1 medium chicken — cleaned and cut into pieces
1 large onion — sliced
10 shallots - grind
1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp cumin
20 dried chillies - grind fine
1 small piece turmeric - grind fine
6 cloves garlic - grind
2.5 cm piece ginger - grind
2 sprigs curry leaves
Vinegar to taste
Salt to taste
2 tbsps oil
1. Heat oil in a deep pan and put in mustard seeds.
2. When seeds crackle add the sliced onions and fry till golden.
3. Add ground spices and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add chicken and curry leaves and stir well, frying till the chicken is well coated with the spices.
5. Reduce heat and simmer till chicken is tender.
6. Add vinegar and salt to taste, and cook for a few more minutes over low heat before dishing out.