Prawn Curry Recipe
600 gms fresh prawns
6 dried chillies - Ground finely
2 shallots - Ground finely
2 cloves garlic - Ground finely
2 cm piece ginger - Ground finely
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin
2 ½ cups thick coconut milk — extracted from 1 grated coconut
Salt to taste
4 tbsps oil
1. Heat oil and fry the curry leaves for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add in the ground ingredients and fry for 5 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly.
3. Add in the spices and fry for 1 minute.
4. Add in the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the prawns and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Squeeze in the lime juice and turn off the heat.
7. Serve hot with rice.