Crab Curry Recipe
600 gms crabs
10 shallots — sliced
5 cloves garlic — sliced
3 tbsps fish curry powder
2 stalks curry leaves
300 gms grated coconut
Salt and seasoning
Oil for cooking
1. Clean the crabs and cut into two if the crabs are too big.
2. Blend the curry powder with a bit of water to form a thick paste.
3. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a frying pan and fry the sliced shallots and garlic until fragrant.
4. Add in the blended curry powder and stir fry until the curry powder is fragrant.
5. Squeeze out 2 cups of coconut milk, ½ cup thick and 11/2 cups diluted.
6. Add the diluted milk and let the mixture boil.
7. When it boils, put in the crabs, salt, seasoning and curry leaves.
8. When the crabs are cooked, add the thick milk and lower the fire.
9. Simmer until the gravy thickens.
10. The crabs will turn slightly reddish when cooked.
11. Serve this dish with rice.