Char Mee Recipe (Fried Yellow Noodles Recipe)
250 gms yellow noodles
3 cm piece ginger — chopped finely
8 shallots — sliced
3 dried black mushrooms
65 gms beef — cut thinly
3 tbsps cooking oil
2 cloves garlic — sliced
65 gms fresh prawns — shelled and deveined
1 stalk mustard greens — cut into 3 cm lengths
1 tbsp thick soy sauce
1. Soak the mushrooms and remove the stems. Slice thinly.
2. Boil water and scald the noodles for 2-3 minutes.
3. Heat oil and fry sliced shallots, garlic and ginger until golden brown and fragrant.
4. Add the prawns and mushrooms and fry until prawns are cooked.
5. Add the mustard greens and fry for 3 minutes. Add the meat and fry until the meat is tender.
6. Add the noodles and mix well. Add the soy sauce, mix well and serve immediately.