Egg Noodles and Minced Beef Recipe
120 gms black mushrooms
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic
2 cm piece ginger
600 gms egg noodles
360 gms minced beef
2 tbsps white sauce (see * for recipe)
1 stalk spring onion
2 red chillies
Salt to taste
2 tbsps oil
1. Soak the mushrooms and slice thinly. Also slice the red chillies thinly.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the minced beef for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. Using the same oil, fry the pounded shallots, garlic, ginger and mushrooms.
4. Add the minced beef, spring onions and salt.
5. Add the white sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Scald the, egg noodles and pour the fried ingredients over.
7. Serve hot.
*White Sauce Recipe
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
¼ tsp salt
1 cup milk
In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
Blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the melted butter.
Add ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize 'flour' taste.
Slowly add 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly.
Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.